Monday, September 22, 2008

Everyone asks me.

How are you?

I know that some of my friends mean it, while others don't. I just don't know what to say anymore...

Fine?
Ok?
Crappy?

I have gone through MANY life changing events. The difference between them, and this, is that eventually those pains go away. The losses get easier over time. They betrayal fades...

This will be with me FOREVER. I have come to the realization that I will be in some sort of pain, every single day, for the rest of my life. Being in chronic pain is it's own personal hell. I try to keep a positive outlook. I like to think, so many other people have it much worse. But there is a large percentage of the masses that I have it worse then. Do I feel sorry for myself? NO. I feel sorry for my family. I am sad for my close friends. They have to watch it, and there is nothing anyone can do for me.

So I have decided not to feel sorry for myself, and the answer to that question is going to be...

I feel blessed.

I have a family that loves me, THREE healthy boys, a lovely husband, and a wide circle of friends. Truth be told - things could be much worse. So my answer will be - blessed. If you are a close friend, or one of my doctors - I will give you a scale from 0-10. Ten being the worst.

Today I am a 6.

No comments: